Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bagyong Ondoy

Every time I pray a picture montage of the people in need of help, people atop their roofs and crying babies on a 'batya' comes to my mind. I don't know what I can do about it because I'm too far away from the Philippines. I don't know any place that I can go to help. Mama and Papa thought of sending balik-bayan-boxes to the Philippines to donate clothes that are way too small for me, my sister and my brother. We've got way too much of that. But then if we did it'll be a month from now that it gets to the Philippines... Probably too late for the clothes. I feel like I'm useless because I'm watching all this play on the television without knowing what to do with myself. I wish the people who are capable in the Philippines, the people who haven't lost too much would help the way they can. If I was there, it'd be my pleasure to donate clothes and stuff needed, but not only that; I'd even be willing to donate my time to help anyway I can, such as sending food to shelters and such.

What has the Typhoon Kutsuna done to the Philippines?
I really pray hard for them all.

Come on now, Pinoys! Show 'em what we're made of because "where I'm from, everyone's a hero."

No comments:

Post a Comment