Monday, November 9, 2009
Bay School
I went to the open house, yesterday, at Bay School of San Francisco. It's a private school in the Presidio District, right outside the Marina District. You could take the 43 Masonic and the second or so stop after the gate of the Presidio; you get off and walk about half a block up the road to your right and the "Building 35" in Keyes Street or Mesa Street, which ever you prefer: is the Bay School. It's has a beautiful setting, the Golden Gate Bridge is seen right outside some windows. Small school of approximately no more than 300 students. The average size of a class i 14 with the student/faculty ratio of 8:1. Just all in all, great school. I loved it and my mother and father loved it. Mama even thinks that if I do get accepted in Bay & Lowell, then we shall pick Bay. I mean, Lowell's a great school, yeah. But it's too much pressure on the students to be all smarty party, you know? I wouldn't want that. And it's such a big school and I'm tired of big schools, I want to go to a small school with barely 500 students and everyone knows everyone, and that everyone's in a safe environment that they feel good at. I'm surely applying to there, but the thing is that I need to take the SSATs; but it's such a big thing and that test will determain a lot for me, so I'm nervous as fuck. I'll write more about the open houses and shadow dates that I have at schools. Other schools I have are: (all private high schools) Waldorf School, Urban, International (?), University, Convent, Drew and the only public schools I'm taking in serious consideration are Phillip and Sala Burton , Lowell, School of the Arts (SOTA), June Jordan, Gateway and Leadership. Also looking into Catholic schools such as Saint Ignatius and Sacred Heart, no Mercy HS. But the main seven are (in order): The Bay School of San Francisco (Bay), San Francisco Waldorf High School (Waldorf), Drew School (Drew), Lowell High School, School of the Arts (SOTA), University High School (UHS), Urban School of San Francisco (Urban), Sacred Heart College Preparatory (Sacred Heart), Convent of the Sacred Heart . G'nite, I'm so tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment